WPC offers silver plating services for functional and industrial applications specializing in electrical contact industries. Silver plating is best used for its low contact resistance, electrical characteristics, high electrical and thermal conductivity, easily solderable surfaces, bonding, wear resistance and lubricity. Silver plating maintains its electrical and thermal properties even at high temperatures making it an excellent choice for aerospace and transportation industries in applications such as engines, motors, and braking components.
WPC silver plating offers superior uniformity and adhesion on complicated shapes with difficult or exotic base metals.
WPC silver deposits range from 50 to 100 Knoop hardness and matte to semi-bright in color. WPC offers an RoHS compliant anti-tarnish inhibitor treatment follow plating.
When considering silver plating for your product, please determine and convey:
- Type, grade and class for ASTM B700
- Type and nature of the substrate base metal (i.e., high strength steel will tell us that it is susceptible to hydrogen embrittlement and may require post-plate baking)
- Plating thickness range and possibly where is the most important surface location of desired thickness
- Significant surfaces
- Purity of the deposit if it must be higher than 98%
- Required undercoats or strike layers
- Bright, semi-bright or dull/matte deposit
- Required tarnish resistance treatment following plating
- Any specific testing required to the plated deposit
- Please convey if the part must be rack or barrel plated if you have already determined this
Specifications for Silver Plating:
- ASTM B700-08
- AMS 2410
- AMS 2411
- AMS 2412